Department of Mechanical Engineering Technology at University of Technology, Nowshera established with an aim to produce professionally and technically sound Mechanical Engineering Technologists who can fulfill the national and international needs of the day. The department presently offers degrees in B-Sc in Mechanical Engineering Technology, however, the masters and Doctorate degree programs will also be launched in the near future.
The Bachelor Program in Mechanical Engineering Technology spreads over eight semesters (4-year), inclusive of theoretical courses with majority of laboratory work. Students enrolled in Mechanical Engineering Technology at University of Technology, Nowshera are provided with the in-depth knowledge and technical skills exactly according to the modern industry demands and technological needs of the day. The Department of Mechanical Engineering Technology strictly follows the explicitly designed curricula by the National Technology Council of Higher Education Commission. It enables the students to acquire the essential knowledge and practical skills needed in the manufacturing and development of tangible products including machines, mechanical systems ranging from internal combustion engines, vehicles to the pumps, hydraulic machinery, from aircraft, jet engines, refrigeration and air conditioning systems. Anticipating the technological scenario of the modern world, the Department of Mechanical Technology offers a pleasant and motivating academic experience to their student
The Mechanical Technology Department endeavors to be recognized globally for outstanding education and research leading to well qualified technologists, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in advanced fields of mechanical technology to cater the ever changing industrial demands and social needs.
To impart highest quality education to the students to build their capacity and enhance their skills to make them globally competitive mechanical technologists. To maintain state of the art research facilities, provide collaborative environment that stimulates faculty, staff and students with opportunities to create, analyze, apply and disseminate knowledge. To develop alliances with world class R&D organizations, educational institutions and industry for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices. To provide the students with academic environment of excellence, leadership, ethical guidelines and lifelong learning needed for a long productive career.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- To impart quality education and knowledge in contemporary science and technology to meet the challenges in the field of Mechanical Engineering Technology and to serve the society.
- To impart the knowledge of analysis, design and development using the codes of practice and software packages.
- To inculcate the sense of ethics, morality, creativity, leadership, professionalism, self-confidence and independent thinking.
- Our graduates will become successful practitioners in the engineering technology and other diverse careers.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Mechanical Engineering Technology knowledge.
- Problem Analysis
- The Engineering Technologist and society
- Environment and sustain ability
- Individual and team work
- Project management
- Design/development of solutions
- Modern tool usage
- Life long learning